Giving Form edits do not appear immediately on live site

I notice that when I edit a giving form or a campaign site, I sometimes don’t see the changes immediately on the embedded form or live site, it seems to take a few minutes, which is fine but that’s different from other tools I use. Why is there a delay and can I avoid it?

1 Like

Funraise forms and sites use a few advanced methods to ensure that assets are loaded as fast as possible around the world. This includes a CDN (Content Delivery Network) and caching of resources. While these methods provide exceptionally speedy delivery to new viewers, the methods do present a bit of a delay when you’re editing the assets and trying to view the changes immediately.

It’s worth noting this delay really only impacts the person on your team that is creating or updating sites. Your donors will be viewing the most updated content when they view the page.

If you’re experiencing a delay in updates appearing live, try this:

1. Wait 15 minutes
A general rule is that Giving Forms or Campaign Sites updates can take up to 15 minutes to appear globally. It’s often quicker than this, but it’s good to wait 15 minutes before trouble-shooting.

2. Clear your browser cache
If your changes are not appearing after 15 minutes, you are likely viewing at a browser cache, which means that your own browser is serving you cached content. In most cases you can do a “hard refresh” to load the most updated content. Here are some common “hard refresh” shortcuts:

Chrome (Mac): ⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift + R

Chrome (Windows): Hold Ctrl and click the browser refresh button.

Safari: Hold ⇧ Shift and click the browser Refresh button.

FireFox (Mac): ⌘ Command + ⇧ Shift + R

FireFox (Windows): Ctrl + ⇧ Shift + R

Internet Explorer: Hold ctrl and click the browser Refresh button.

1 Like